At Racingtips.com we set out to provide information about fun and enjoyable gaming experiences for all our visitors as set out in our Terms and Conditions. However, as a responsible website we also recognize that for some individuals, gambling can become a problem. Although studies suggest that only a very small percentage of the population is affected, we nonetheless take this issue extremely seriously. We therefore strongly encourage all our readers to read and take note of the information and guidance below.
Responsible gaming checklist
- Decide in advance how often you will play and how much money and time you will spend
- Decide in advance the point you will set yourself to stop, then stick to it.
- The stopping point might be, for example, when you have reached the spending limit you have set yourself or when you have a spent a certain amount of time playing
- Bear in mind that sometimes, responsible gambling is making a decision not to gamble at all
Always remember – a person who gambles responsibly
- Gambles for fun, not to make money or to escape problems;
- UNDERSTANDS that they are very unlikely to win in the long run;
- Does not try to ‘chase’ or win back losses
- Only ever gambles with money set aside for entertainment and never uses money intended for rent, bills and food;
- Does not borrow money to gamble;
- Does not let gambling affect their relationships with family and friends;
- Stay in control.
Where to go for help
There are many organisations that provide support and assistance to individuals who develop a problem with gambling, and we recommend that players contact a self-help organisation for confidential advice and support. Helpful websites include:
GamCare (www.gamcare.org.uk) is a registered charity and is one of the UK’s leading authorities on the provision of counselling, advice and practical help in addressing the social impact of gambling.
GamCare operates a national telephone helpline for anyone affected by a gambling problem plus a network of both face-to-face and online counselling and support services. The GamCare Helpline is available seven days a week, 08:00 to midnight, on 0845 6000 133.
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.
GamCare provides a simple self-assessment test on its website (www.gamcare.org.uk/online_self_assessment.php) for anyone who is concerned that they may have a gambling problem.
Preventing Under Age Gambling
You must be at least 18 years old, or of legal age to gamble in the country in which you reside, whichever is older, to play at any sites we list on Bettingpro. Our site is not designed to attract children.
There are a number of third party applications that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet:
Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com
CYBERsitter filtering software allows parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com