We head to Taunton on Tuesday for the day’s feature meeting where we’re hoping to win big for a small stake by playing the Tote Placepot at the main Tuesday feature fixture. Check out our Taunton placepot tips!
To play the Tote Placepot, simply pick one or more horses in each of the first six races to make the frame according to the number of runners in the race.
The beauty of the Tote Placepot is that selections don’t have to win the race; but if they finish in the places in each of the six races then a big slice of the winning pie could be waiting! Our Tote Placepot tips for Tuesday are below.
TUESDAY TAUNTON PLACEPOT TIPS
2.15 Taunton – Race 1: (4) Finisher, (7) Presuming Ed
2.50 Taunton – Race 2: (5) Vinnie’s Getaway
3.25 Taunton – Race 3: (2) Bathiva, (7) This Breac
4.00 Taunton – Race 4: (6) Tactical Manouevre, (7) Flou Artiste
4.35 Taunton – Race 5: (2) Putdecashonthedash, (3) Benechenko
5.10 Taunton – Race 6: (3) Fair Kate
Taunton Placepot permutation: 2x1x2x2x2x1 = 16 bets
To work out stakes, simply multiply the number of selections in each race together. Remember though, minimum cost per line is 10p and a minimum of £1 total needs to be staked.
In addition to the Tote Placepot, punters can also bet Tote singles and we’ve picked out a couple of individual runners in our Placepot perm who could post big runs in their respective races.
Bear in mind that The Tote will match the winners’ starting price if it returns bigger than the declared single win dividend so punters are guaranteed to get the best value.
2.15 Taunton – Race 1: 3 places
(4) FINISHER – Showed some fair form on the level and has improved with each run over hurdles. Faced a huge task behind Chantry House at Newbury in February but chased home subsequent Kempton winner Fidello Vallis when last seen and can go one better.
(7) PRESUMING ED – Had looked a tricky ride in a pair of bumper outings towards the end of last year, but could be the type to do better over hurdles. Shorter trip last time out a plausible excuse for a poor run when last seen but now going hurdling in a first-time hood might show him in a better light.
(Bet FINISHER as a win single with The Tote and if the SP is bigger than the Tote win dividend, get paid out at SP!)
2.50 Taunton – Race 2: 3 places
(5) VINNIE’S GETAWAY – Showed up well in a couple of bumpers last summer, winning at Stratford and then making a decent fist of things when finding only one too strong back there in July.
He’s not been seen out since, and the soft ground has to be a concern. But he represents a very shrewd yard and no surprise to see him improving on that hurdles debut if handling the conditions on his reappearance.
3.25 Taunton – Race 3: 3 places
(2) BATHIVA – Showed some ability in bumpers and over hurdles prior to a fair debut chase fifth at Ludlow in February, running well until making a momentum-stopping mistake three out.
That form has been franked and he can build on that experience to do better here so no surprise to see him involved.
(7) THIS BREAC – Finally opened his win account over the minimum distance at Leicester two starts ago, making all to score readily and subsequently not disgraced back up in trip at Wincanton last month where he finished third.
Drop back in trip here looks a positive, as does the return of Bryony Frost in the saddle so could run well as a result.
(Bet THIS BREAC as a win single with The Tote and if the SP is bigger than the Tote win dividend, get paid out at SP!)
4.00 Taunton – Race 4: 3 places
(6) TACTICAL MANOUEVRE – Thriving since switching yards and reverting to hurdles, winning his last three starts which includes twice at this venue.
Jeremy Scott’s charge ran out a one length’ winner latest, scoring readily, but a subsequent rise in the weights is however mostly offset by his rider’s claim so every chance he can go close again.
(7) FLOU ARTISTIQUE – Hasn’t shown much in a trio of hurdles starts to date in novice company but could improve now handicapping where his opening mark doesn’t look too stiff on his achievements to date.
Finished down the field latest at Doncaster but still early days and there is suspicion that there is something better still to come from him. He could leave previous form behind.
4.35 Taunton – Race 5: 2 places
(2) PUTDECASHONTHEDASH – Had been running well in defeat prior to a fall at Sedgefield in January. But he bounced back from that incident to win readily at Wincanton when last seen and can improve again.
First-time cheekpieces worn on that occasion appeared to sharpen him up and he won readily. He could be worth keeping onside despite a hefty rise in the weights.
(3) BENECHENKO – Placed on his first three starts over fences and might have found the longer trip against him when last seen at Bangor last month where he eventually finished seventh.
Eased a further 2lbs in the weights and drops back to a more suitable distance; while Jonathan Burke takes over from a claimer which might prompt a bounce-back.
(Bet BENECHENKO as a win single with The Tote and if the SP is bigger than the Tote win dividend, get paid out at SP!)
5.10 Taunton – Race 6: 2 places
(3) FAIR KATE – Showed fair form last term and got off the mark on his second start of this campaign at Newbury in a first-time tongue-tie. However she failed to back up that effort at Kempton in February although that form looks fairly strong now.
Back in a handicap she looks worth giving another chance and she can go close here where she takes on some more exposed rivals.
(Bet FAIR KATE as a win single with The Tote and if the SP is bigger than the Tote win dividend, get paid out at SP!)
Taunton Placepot tips and permutation: 2x1x2x2x2x1 = 16 bets